- Conference calling on Android supports up to five callers at a time.
- Setting up and managing a conference call on Android devices can be done in six steps listed below.
- Alternative business telephone systems can offer even better quality and reliability to businesses.
- This article is for entrepreneurs and professionals who frequently need to host or attend conference calls and want to know how to set them up using an Android mobile device.
Smartphones running a recent version of Android can be used to host free conference calls anywhere there is a strong cell signal or internet connection. While your mobile device probably won’t be able to replace a unified business phone system or compete with any of the related business phone apps designed for Android, it’s still a great solution for communicating with other people. small teams or a few members of your remote workforce in a pinch.
Advice: Once you learn how to host a conference call on Android, you can easily connect up to five callers at a time without any software, downloads, or additional fees.
How to make a conference call with an Android phone
If you have a mobile phone running a recent version of the Android operating system, it is easy to merge calls to create an audio conference for up to five people. However, not all mobile phone providers and plans support this feature. If you don’t see any of the steps we’ve provided for making a conference call using an Android phone, check with your service provider to make sure this feature is supported with your plan.
- Dial the first person you want to invite to the conference call.
- Once the call is connected, tap the “Add a call” or + icon on the left of your screen.
- Dial or select the next person from your contact list.
- Tap the “Merge Calls” icon (a double-tailed arrow) to join the three parties on one line.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to add more participants to the meeting.
- Once you are in the conference call, you can select the “Drop” button to the right of each caller ID to remove them from the call.
Did you know? You can also set up a conference call using an iPhone. It also supports up to five callers at a time.
Alternatives to conference calling apps for Android
While Android phones are a great option for connecting up to five callers at a time without the need to download or purchase additional software or service, their limitations lead many small business owners to explore alternatives.
However, that doesn’t mean that you will necessarily have to choose a phone system that requires new hardware and lengthy contract terms. In fact, many of the best business phone systems on the market include free mobile phone apps that essentially turn your existing Android phone into a cloud-based phone system with a huge array of advanced features and tools for productivity and Communication.
Advice: If your business has multiple locations or high volumes of incoming and / or outgoing calls, you might benefit from a multi-line phone system, which provides the ability for multiple parties to communicate simultaneously through the same system.
We’ve analyzed the top providers of business phone systems and top conference calling services to identify the best solutions for today’s small business needs. Many of our favorite cloud-based unified phone systems include free mobile apps for Android that enable conference calls for hundreds of participants. All of the conference hosting services we reviewed include services that allow businesses to host conference calls 24/7 without the need for advanced planning. These services can generally accommodate conferences of 50 to 1000 callers at a time.
- RingCentral: Our RingCentral review shows it’s first on our list for good reason. It is an exceptional communication tool that we selected as the best business phone system for collaboration and the best conference call service within a phone system for 2021. The RingCentral app allows users to pass and receive calls from a separate business phone number on any Android mobile. and organize conference calls with up to 1,000 participants. Small business rates for their phone systems start at $ 19.95 per month with personal plans starting at $ 29.99 per month. All RingCentral plans include unlimited US and Canada calling, unlimited business text messaging, HD voice, visual voicemail, and more.
- Vast Conference: We selected Vast Conference as our choice for the best overall conference calling service for 2021. Its diverse suite of conference calling solutions provides small businesses with all the tools and features needed to communicate effectively with remote teams, vendors and customers. . Vast Conference offers reservationless services that businesses can use to host conference calls without any prior planning, as well as operator-led events for complex conference calls with prospects specially trained to assist you. We recommend that you take advantage of its 14-day free trial available with its Essentials, Standard, and Professional plans, which range from $ 11.99 to $ 31.99 per monthly user when billed annually – and more expensive monthly billing options are also available. If you need to host conferences with more than 250 participants, you will need to inquire about the Enterprise plan for a custom conference call solution and quote.
- FreeConferenceCall.com: If you’re looking for a free alternative to Android conferencing, look no further than our pick of the best free conferencing service at FreeConferenceCall.com. This easy to use service supports up to 1000 callers at a time with an impressive list of features and tools that you would be surprised to see with a free service. These features include audio conferencing, HD video conferencing, screen sharing, recordings, international support, breakout rooms, and desktop and mobile phone applications. It offers a unique “Pay What You Can” pricing structure suggested at $ 4 per month with an average contribution of $ 8.21 per month. This voluntary fee structure is designed to help charities, volunteers and students around the world access free communication tools. It also recently launched the premium Huddle.Team service which includes virtual phone number, HD audio and video, screen sharing with co-annotations, automated text reminders and music options. personalized waits.
- Webex by Cisco: If the majority of your teleconferencing needs revolve around supporting your team members in different locations around the world, you might want to consider Cisco’s Webex, our choice, as the best teleconferencing service for remote employees. It prioritizes collaboration with Webex Meetings for full-service video conferencing and Webex Teams for internal communication. We strongly recommend that you start with the free Basic package which includes 50 minute HD meetings with up to 100 participants, screen sharing, calendar integrations, virtual backgrounds, breakout rooms. , an interactive whiteboard, and many other awesome features and tools. Webex also offers four paid plans that range in price from $ 15 to $ 25 per month for up to 200 attendees with meeting times of up to 24 hours. If you need to organize a videoconference with more than 200 participants, customizable packages and rates for “business” customers are also available.
- Numeric keypad: Our Dialpad review names it our pick as the best business phone system for voice intelligence. Dialpad is an AI-based cloud communication platform that takes business communication to a whole new level. Dialpad uses speech recognition, natural language processing, machine learning, and real-time coaching to turn all of your conversations into data you can use, including email summaries with transcripts, recordings, and elements of action. These powerful AI tools let you and your team focus on people and ideas in every meeting instead of taking notes. Dialpad offers a 14-day free trial for its Standard and Pro business communication plans which cost $ 15 and $ 25 per monthly user, respectively. Corporate options are also available with custom pricing options for companies looking to purchase more than 100 seats. You can also opt for its professional “Meetings” options which support up to 100 attendees for up to five hours and include a long list of smart productivity features and integrations.
Editor’s Note: Looking for the right business phone system for your business? Complete the questionnaire below to have our supplier partners contact you regarding your needs.
The above business phone systems are ideal for business owners and professionals who frequently use communication tools and need cutting edge technology. But if you need a quick solution for a conference call on the go, you can easily set one up using an Android mobile device.